All of our pieces are delicate and require special care.
To ensure the longevity of your jewelry, we suggest following our care instructions.
- It may seem tempting to sleep, swim, exercise, or bathe in your jewelry, but these activities can result in scratches or broken gemstones. They can also weaken the wire or chain, which can eventually lead to breakage in the future. That is why removing your jewelry before any of those activities is essential to ensure its longevity.
- Always wear your bracelets loosely. If you wear your bracelet too tight, that may force the beading wire to weaken over time and eventually cause the bracelet to stretch or break. Therefore, be gentle and avoid tugging and pulling your jewelry as well.
- Gemstones are particularly sensitive to the chemicals included in perfumes, hair sprays, body lotions and other types of beauty products. These chemicals will damage the colours of the gemstones and make them fade. To prevent this from happening, always put on your jewelry last when applying such products.
- Do not keep your jewelry under direct sunlight as prolonged exposure can cause the gemstones to fade and lose their colour.
- Use a soft, dry cotton cloth to clean. Gently clean your jewelry by wiping over the gemstones and metal parts. If needed, use a soft toothbrush to clean any buildup around the stones.
- Our Bella Sherban box is the perfect dark, dry and cool place to store your jewelry. If possible, store your pieces individually to prevent them from scratching or tangling.
All of the steps mentioned above are mandatory for all sterling silver,
gold plated and 14k solid gold jewelry.